Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Aalto has set out to create the modern, self-serve real estate platform homebuyers and sellers have been craving for decades. Beginning in 2021, sellers have been able to list their homes with a flexible and no-risk process, unlocking homes for sale months earlier than traditional real estate. Homebuyers enjoyed Aalto's exclusive homes, unique insights, and rebates. Tens of thousands of buyers and sellers across the Bay Area are already using Aalto.
We are a distributed team of do-ers with five pillars at our core: start by being bold, drive a little over the speed limit, be an owner not a renter, disclose often, and demonstrate radical caring. Learn more at aalto.com.
About The Team:
We are a group of 12 engineers from startups and established companies alike. We aim to delight and gain much satisfaction from solving consumer problems. To do that, we divide and conquer with team members working on the following: growth, discovery, experience, or infrastructure. We operate on a system of values that includes: always doing the right thing (leave things better than when you found them, do what’s best for users, teammates, and the codebase), courageous improvement (continuous improvement, analyzing shippable and pivoting directions in some instances), honesty and openness.
We aim to hire developers who are passionate about changing the way people buy and sell homes
Our modern stack utilizes React, Next.js, Cypress, Node, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform, among other technologies, platforms, and services.
In this role you will…
- Work with product, design, and marketing to understand growth problems and build growth levers.
- Be driven by a scientific approach and data-based experiments to optimize the growth process.
- Drive tasks, features, and projects with a sense of ownership.
- Write technical plans and break down product specs and designs.
- Work with teammates to ensure we’re solving consumer needs.
- Write and maintain code to implement consumer value and deliver a performant, top-tier experience.
- Review code, and proposals, and help your teammates succeed.
- Work on a combination of new features and enhancement of existing features to better the customer experience.
You may enjoy working at Aalto if you...
- Have 3+ years of experience working in a Growth team setting as a software engineer in an evolving codebase.
- Are team-focused. You’re excited to work with peers across engineering, product, design, marketing, customer advisors, and other roles at Aalto. You understand that success lies with the team's progress (not just your own).
- Are autonomous. You figure out which way you need to be pointed and are creative in clearing your path.
- Act with a sense of urgency. An early-stage startup needs to be agile to customer and business needs, and you’re excited to move fast with us.
- Can clearly and concisely communicate. You explain implementation details, project requirements, and your favorite topics in a way that teammates easily understand.
- Listen with curiosity. You strive to learn from each conversation and get excited when discovering the unexpected.
- Are quality-oriented and take pride in your work. You care about the outcome of your team's work and hold yourself to a high standard while keeping an eye on practicality.
- Be bold. Go big with ideas, knowing "different" often beats "better."
- Drive a little over the speed limit. Embrace the discomfort of speed, as it's our core advantage.
- Be an owner, not a renter. Make decisions like it's your company... because it is.
- Disclose often. Make a habit of sharing your plans and learnings widely.
- Demonstrate radical caring. Go way beyond what other companies consider "normal," both for customers and colleagues.
We want to empower our employees to do their best work, whether that’s collaborating in person with co-workers, focus time at home, or both! This role can be performed as fully remote or in a hybrid capacity. A majority of the Aalto team is located around the Bay area with flexibility to work from home or the office. Nearly all team members work Pacific hours.
At Aalto, we strive to provide total rewards that are competitive, equitable, clear, and that tie to the impact that each of our employees has on the organization. Our goal is to have a compensation program that is externally competitive and maps to distinct levels in the outside market while also being equitable internally. The final compensation package is based on an individual’s experience and qualifications for a role. We expect the compensation for this role to fall within the range of $150,000 - $170,000 annual base compensation, in addition to an annual bonus, equity, and benefits.
- 100% of healthcare premiums with comprehensive healthcare and benefit plan
- Flexible paid time off
- Flexible spending account
- Paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Waived/refunded commission when purchasing a primary resident through Aalto
- Frequent employee in-person and virtual events
Aalto appreciates your interest. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Aalto is committed to ensuring full inclusion and equal opportunity for all candidates. Please indicate in your application if you require reasonable accommodation to participate in our hiring process.
See more open positions at Aalto
Something looks off?