Security Specialist - Remote
Boom Entertainment is a technology company that is fueling the biggest winners in sports betting and online gaming. Working with professional sports leagues, media companies, and leading casino operators, Boom provides technology and games to many of the biggest names in the industry -- NBC Sports, Barstool Sports, Penn National Gaming, 8AM Golf, YES Network, Rush Street Interactive, DraftKings, Golden Nugget, and many more.
As a company, we are looking for driven dreamers who want to make an impact on this industry and the world. We want people of integrity who are open to learning and willing to challenge the norm. We want people who are curious, reliable, empathetic, and obsessed with quality.
Boom has two main verticals, Sports Products and Casino Games.
Our Sports Products include world-class free-to-play games and technology for our partners that have entertained more than 4 million sports fans. Also included is Boom Fantasy, our very own Daily Fantasy Sports application bringing a quick and easy way for sports fans from any skill-level to join in the fun of DFS. With millions of dollars in winnings so far, Boom Fantasy is a rapidly growing success.
Our Casino team is hard at work building a suite of eye-catching casino games for distribution to casino operators in the legal U.S. and international iGaming markets. This team is reimagining what’s possible in gaming by focusing on innovative products powered by cutting-edge technology.
We are seeking a Security Specialist to join us at one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and work in this grassroots role ready to take on a diverse set of tasks. Due to the amount of work and fast-paced environment, this person will need to be comfortable taking on a number of projects and remaining organized throughout.
- Developing a plan to deal with security threats, conducting reviews of database, application, and server logs
- Deploying servers and applications to manage/monitor our security
- Establishing operational guidelines and procedures
- Maintain firewalls, and monitor and maintain VPN access
- Reducing our attack surface area, plus keeping abreast of current/new threats
- Scanning for new vulnerabilities constantly, and enforcing endpoint security
- Annual penetration testing
- Aiding in unifying our app logins, and establishing strong authentication practices
- Reviewing Google account logs
- Aiding developers in creating secure applications
- Source code scanning
- Information security policies: familiar with best practices and can author and maintain policies
- Occasional after hours work: troubleshooting, responding to alerts, and maintenance windows
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Systems administration, particularly Linux, Firewall administration, and Network protocols
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data, and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk)
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows), as well as virtualization technology
- Google Cloud experience
- Familiarity with configuration of routers and switches
- Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, and Network Forensics
Our target compensation for this position is between $80,000 and $120,000 depending on experience. Should your compensation expectations fall above this range, we highly encourage you still apply as we're growing, and we can further evaluate the level of this position. Compensation is just the beginning, and below you will find more reasons Why you should work here.
Why you should work here
- Positions are fully remote
- Uncapped PTO (please use them!)
- Flexible working hours
- All-expenses-paid company-wide retreat every two years
- Quarterly contests and giveaways featuring prizes and swag boxes
- A $300 home office reimbursement
- Parental support (paid leave, childcare, and adoption benefits)
- Health, Dental, Vision+
- 401K Match & FSA
- A great culture that includes support for learning and development
What Boom promises you
We have a culture that values trust vs. micromanaging. Each role has a high level of autonomy. We have an inclusive environment where you don’t have to change who you are. We encourage you to take time off without guilt.
Lastly, we proudly offer an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture that provides opportunities for personal and professional growth to all employees.
Something looks off?