Customer Support Associate (Remote)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 5, 2022
Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver, Empower Automatic Savings as a game-changer, and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building good credit.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Inc. ranked Empower #55 in the 2022 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US. Fast Company recognized Empower Thrive in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
Want to make a difference in someone’s journey to better credit? Let’s go.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
The Customer Support Associate supports our customers by providing customer-focused assistance, handling customer inquiries on a daily basis, and helping with enhancing the customer experience at Empower. You will work within the Customer Support team and collaborate with cross-functional teams. In addition, you will escalate leading trends and drivers and engage proactively with the team to help with improving the customer experience.
- Work on the frontline of the business: support calls, chat, and emails from our users
- Resolve a customer's issue with active listening and knowledge of our products and services
- Collaborate with the team to resolve problems and deliver a top-notch customer experience by working on various customer support-related projects
- Become knowledgeable of any pain points in Customer Support that our customers or team members are experiencing
- Advocate for customers from within the organization and drive changes that can improve their experience
- Proactively look for ways to improve our processes and the customer experience
- Motivated by Empower’s mission and determined to create a seamless support experience for our customer base.
- 1-2 years in a customer support role, preferably in the fintech industry
- Demonstrated passion for the customer experience and the ability to solve problems with a short turnaround time for customers while maintaining a high level of empathy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easily understood, concise language
- Familiarity with banking regulations and payment processes; compliance is a plus Ability to communicate cross-functionally and globally
- Availability on some weekends and holidays when needed
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!
See more open positions at Empower
Something looks off?