Quality Assurance Engineer (Hiring Globally)
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, March 8, 2022
Empower is a high-growth, award-winning financial technology startup on a mission to meaningfully improve the financial health and wellbeing of today’s generation. We help people stretch their dollars between paychecks, save up for life’s emergencies, spend more consciously — and ultimately, rewrite their financial story. The drive, fearless thinking, and empathy we bring to our work delivers better outcomes for our community every day.
Empower is picking up speed and on the cusp of something big. We’re adding several thousand new customers to our community every day, and we’ve raised over $25 million from top venture capital firms, including Sequoia Capital, Initialized Capital, and Icon Ventures as well as David Velez, Founder and CEO of Nubank, one of the most valuable financial technology startups in the world. We’ve also been recognized in Apple’s list of "New Apps We Love," Time’s "Best Apps of the Year So Far,” and Real Simple’s 2020 Smart Money Awards.
Want to make a difference in someone’s financial journey? Let’s go.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare and dental benefits (US)
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you’ll work to ensure only our best work makes it to our customers. You’ll engage with a collaborative, high powered team to develop and execute test plans and automation suites for projects with a reach of millions. The solutions you’ll test will ensure robustness, and integrity for our customers and business. The automation you'll create will enhance our agility as we continue to scale. You’ll take end to end ownership of new features and product lines shaping work in early stages, instrumenting our ability to test, coordinating with stakeholders for deployment to ensure we’re hitting our goals.
- Be the Quality Advocate to ensure delivery of the products as per Empower quality standards
- Contribute to quality product specification by reviewing and identifying requirement gaps
- Identify, Define, Setup test data and Execute complex test scenarios to validate the product specifications
- Execute, Maintain and Develop test automation scripts to validate REST API and Mobile Applications
- Propose process & performance improvements in Manual and Automated Testing
- Take ownership of quality feature delivery liaising with Product Owners, Developers and QA Engineers
- 6+ years of expertise in Mobile and/or REST API manual testing
- Intermediate or greater programming level in one or more of: Python, Swift, Kotlin
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration software.
- Experience working within an Agile Continuous Delivery team within a mobile product
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!
See more open positions at Empower
Something looks off?