Social Media Coordinator (Remote) - Part Time
Marketing & Communications
Remote · United States
Posted on Sunday, July 3, 2022
Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver, Empower Automatic Savings as a game-changer, and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building good credit.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Inc. ranked Empower #55 in the 2022 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US. Fast Company recognized Empower Thrive in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
Want to make a difference in someone’s journey to better credit? Let’s go.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare and dental benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
Empower is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to assist with creative concepting and content production and help propel thoughtful conversations and a strong sense of community. This individual will write creative briefs and coordinate team feedback; schedule and post content; boost and optimize campaigns; and report weekly on channel and campaign performance. Our ideal candidate is highly organized, reliable, and detail-oriented, enjoys being on camera, and is social media savvy.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Brand Marketing. This is a part time role with roughly 20 hours a week expected.
- Assist with developing and producing content for our social channels, including TikTok, Instagram and Twitter
- Schedule and post content across all Empower accounts
- Own weekly, quarterly, and ad-hoc performance reporting across channels, campaigns, assets, and competitors
- Write and kick off detailed creative briefs to in-house and freelance graphic designers, video editors, and on-camera talent and share specific and actionable feedback
- Manage all stakeholder communications, budgets, and timelines in the creative production process and ensure all projects are delivered on time and on-brief
- Stay ahead of social media trends and the competitive landscape
- Work closely with the customer support team to manage our online community
- Partner with the internal compliance team to ensure all advertising assets adhere to banking and credit regulations prior to launch
- Coordinate with other marketers to cross-promote and amplify influencer content
- 1-2 years of experience concepting, producing, and optimizing content for social media
- Expertise in TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter, with experience managing content or marketing calendars, scheduling, community moderation, and social analytics
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to identify and produce on-brand creative content (text, image, and video)
- Ability to adapt trends on social media for a brand and act proactively
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!
See more open positions at Empower
Something looks off?