Manager, Training and Quality (Remote)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 1, 2022
Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to solve access to affordable credit for everyday Americans. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver, Empower Automatic Savings as a game-changer, and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building credit.
Empower is ranked #55 on the 2022 Inc 5000 list. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital and have been recognized in Apple’s list of "New Apps We Love," Time’s "Best Apps of the Year So Far,” and Real Simple’s Smart Money Awards.
Want to make a difference in someone’s financial journey? Let’s go.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
In this role, you will lead the L&D and QA initiative to improve the overall team and customer experience at Empower. You will work within the Customer Support team and collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand gaps and ensure that we consistently make improvements on any identified opportunities and think of solutions to improve our efficiency and quality.
- Design, develop, and execute QA and L&D programs for team onboarding and development
- Develop and maintain content and materials for QA and L&D
- Identify continuous development opportunities and design workshops to build skill sets, including soft skills
- Partner with various key stakeholders to understand individual and organizational needs
- Develop reports and track KPIs to identify needs and measure program effectiveness
- Ensure that our BPO partners meet and exceed quality targets and provide the support needed to achieve objectives, make reports & improvement recommendations
- Identify internal procedures that adversely affect customer satisfaction and work with internal areas to build consensus and accomplish improvements.
- BA/BS degree or 3+ years equivalent experience in a customer support team
- Familiarity with QA and L&D in the fintech industry
- Experience creating training programs and workshops
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easily understood, concise language
- Familiarity with banking regulations and payment processes; compliance is a plus
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and globally
- Experience working with BPO teams is a plus
- Expertise in Google Suite
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!
See more open positions at Empower
Something looks off?