Head of People
People & HR
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver, Empower Automatic Savings as a game-changer, and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building good credit.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Inc. ranked Empower #55 in the 2022 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US. Fast Company recognized Empower Thrive in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
Want to make a difference in someone’s journey to better credit? Let’s go.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare and dental benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
Empower is entering an exciting new chapter in our company history and we are seeking our first Head of People to lead our People organization. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of our company by empowering our leaders to create a positive and people-first work environment that will enable our employees to thrive.
Given that we are a globally aligned, remote-first company, you will be responsible for designing and implementing programs that foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. By doing so, you will help to enhance our employee brand and ensure that we are attracting and retaining the best talent from around the world.
As the Head of People, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to optimize our HR processes, including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, and employee development. You will also work closely with our leadership team to align our HR practices with the company's overall business objectives. Ultimately, your role will be instrumental in shaping the culture and future of Empower, as we continue to grow and expand.
- Design and implement talent acquisition strategies that enable the organization to attract and retain top talent in a highly competitive market, including employer branding, candidate sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding
- Develop and implement performance management programs that align individual and team performance with organizational goals, including goal setting, performance feedback, and coaching
- Design and carry out strategies related to Human Resources and Talent that align with Empower’s growth objectives. These strategies should focus on employee engagement programs, internal and external leveling, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and organizational development.
- Ensure compliance with relevant labor laws and regulations, including employment laws, data privacy regulations, and other relevant regulations.
- Partner closely with other members of the leadership team to ensure that the organization's talent needs are aligned with its strategic goals, including workforce planning, skills assessment, and succession planning.
- Leverage HR technology and analytics tools to inform talent decisions and drive business results, including workforce planning, talent assessments, and data-driven insights.
- 8+ years of experience in HR or People Operations with a focus on talent acquisition, employee experience, and performance management
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- Experience advising and coaching leaders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and lead organizational transformation in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with teams in multiple states and international locations
- Familiarity with HR technology and analytics tools, with the ability to leverage data to inform talent decisions and drive business results
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!
See more open positions at Empower
Something looks off?