Remote · United States
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2021
Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver, Empower Automatic Savings as a game-changer, and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building good credit.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Inc. ranked Empower #55 in the 2022 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US. Fast Company recognized Empower Thrive in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
Want to make a difference in someone’s journey to better credit? Let’s go.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare and dental benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
We’re looking for extraordinary people to help lead product development as Empower continues to scale. Our product leaders are customer-centric, collaborate intensely with other key disciplines, and make decisions with an eye towards Empower’s business. Successful product managers are ambitious and resourceful -- willing to do whatever it takes to deliver value to our customers.
More specifically, members of the product team drive the strategy, tactics, and delivery timelines for all Empower features and products. They identify opportunities and develop perspectives on the most impactful things we should be building for our customers, and then they go do the work required to build those experiences by getting cross-functional support, designing specs, overseeing development and measuring outcomes. Empower product managers are experts in cross-functional partnership, constantly engaging colleagues in Operations, Marketing, Finance, Compliance, Support, and other Product areas in order to deliver on their goals and maximize impact. If you’re looking for a role where you can have massive impact and a wide scope, you’ll find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- We are looking for product managers and product leaders with varying levels of experience (minimum of 3+ years work experience in product management or management consulting/investment banking)
- Strong analytical abilities and are comfortable defining and measuring goals consistently
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- A get-it-done mindset; you’re resourceful and happy to be hands on and in the weeds
- A interest in addressing complicated and impactful product & business problems
- Experience delivering complex, cross-functional product initiatives
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and logical structuring abilities
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!
See more open positions at Empower
Something looks off?