Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Today’s financial system is built to favor those with money. Grid’s mission is to level that playing field by building financial products that help users better manage their financial future. The Grid app lets users access cash, build credit, spend money, optimize their taxes, and lots, lots more.
Grid is a fast-growing team that’s deeply passionate about making a difference in the lives of millions. We’re solving huge problems and believe that every team member has a big role to play. Come join our growing team in our San Francisco headquarters!
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to come help us build the next generation of financial products for our customers. You will work closely with product managers and the engineering team to deliver high-impact features to our customers. You understand how to build systems at scale and deploy features with high levels of quality and resilience. You bring deep technical experience from your years of industry experience and you’re eager to constantly improve our technology stack.
What you'll do:
- Solve complex problems that arise from our unique domain
- Work with product managers and the engineering team to design, develop, and deliver high impact features
- Advocate for software that is highly scalable, robust, and resilient
- Improve our technology stack by tackling technical debt
You're a great candidate if you:
- Have 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Have demonstrable experience working on large-scale projects
- Have experience with modern cloud technologies
- Thrive in an environment with minimal structure and ambitious problems to solve
- Have a disciplined approach to software development, testing, and quality
You're an exceptional candidate if you:
- Have experience in FinTech or a related domain space
- Have experience leading large-scale projects from design to delivery
- Have experience at an early-stage startup
- Have domain experience in a particular technology area
See more open positions at Grid
Something looks off?