Staff Platform Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Today’s financial system is built to favor those with money. Grid’s mission is to level that playing field by building financial products that help users better manage their financial future. The Grid app lets users access cash, build credit, spend money, optimize their taxes, and lots, lots more.
Grid is a fast-growing team that’s deeply passionate about making a difference in the lives of millions. We’re solving huge problems and believe that every team member has a big role to play. Come join our growing team in our San Francisco headquarters!
Be the first engineer focused on platform reliability at Grid!
Grid's users expect new and exciting features on a regular basis that just work. Financial services need to be highly available and accurate, without fail. As we scale, our platform engineering team will empower product, engineering, and design to deploy features safely and quickly. You’ll help engrain modern software engineering culture such as testing, continuous deployment, and cloud-first rollout automation.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and utilize DevOps tools for cloud infrastructure deployment and maintenance
- Lead developer experience enhancement initiatives
- Architect and implement software reliability programs
- Improve observability and reduce MTTD/MTTR through proactive monitoring
- Work across engineering teams to facilitate application deployments, infrastructure utilization, root cause analysis, and performance improvements
- Ensure high-security standards are designed and implemented into all tooling and infrastructure solutions
You're a great candidate if you:
- Have 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Have experience with production environments and change management
- Have experience with containerized platforms like Docker and container orchestration like Kubernetes
- Have experience building workflows and maintaining CI/CD platforms such as Github Actions and Jenkins
- Have experience with cloud platforms - we use GCP
- Have experience with infrastructure as code - we use Terraform
- Have experience with scripting with languages such as Bash, Python, Ruby, or Go
- Have experience with observability tools such as ELK, New Relic, Datadog, Sumologic, or AppDynamics
You’re an exceptional candidate if you:
- Have experience in FinTech or a related domain space
- Have experience as a technical lead in your current role or prior role
- Have a passion for fostering a culture of engineering excellence, including sharing knowledge, mentoring team members, and driving continuous improvement
See more open positions at Grid
Something looks off?