Scientist I/II, Biophysical Characterization
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
At Nautilus, we have a big and important mission: improve the health of millions by unleashing the potential of the proteome to accelerate drug development and enable a new world of precision and personalized medicine. We are developing a single-molecule protein analysis platform of unprecedented sensitivity, scale, and ease of use that we believe will democratize access to the proteome – one of the most dynamic and valuable sources of biological insight. To accomplish this, we are pursuing deep, hard science with an entrepreneurial mindset and creating a world-class team of builders, innovators, and dreamers across a wide range of disciplines.
We are hiring for a Scientist I/II, Biophysical Characterization, to join our growing team. This individual will be tasked with developing and utilizing methods to characterize our affinity reagents and collaborating cross-functionally to incorporate these reagents in the Nautilus platform. This position will work closely with colleagues upstream in the probe development process and downstream in product integration. This is a very team-oriented role, working closely with fellow researchers to design, execute, and analyze experiments.
- You will collaborate with multiple teams performing affinity reagent discovery and screening
- You will develop methods to determine whether candidate antibodies and aptamers are likely to succeed within our platform and to better understand specific, off-target, and non-specific binding of affinity reagent candidates
- You will generate data on biophysical parameters using multiple platforms such as SPR, BLI, and TIRF
- You will routinely present goals and results to various teams within the company
- You will work closely with bioinformatics to ensure robust tracking of probe-specific data
- You will engage with external partners to drive collaborative activities efficiently
- A minimum of a PhD, or BS/MS and 8+ years of experience.
- Strong expertise in assay development
- Background in proteins and affinity reagents
- Experience with biophysical characterization such as SPR, BLI, ELISA, ELONA, FRET, etc.
- Experience with single molecule methods such as TIRF preferred
- Ability to effectively multitask and work in a fast-pace, goal-oriented environment
- Highly organized with exquisite attention to detail
- Self-motivated, driving projects forward to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work collaboratively within a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire to wear multiple hats and be flexible
- Strong and effective leader
- Agile-like approach to development
Nautilus Team Culture
- We are curious go-getters: this is a team of life-long learners who aren’t afraid to tackle the big challenges and we embrace the journey
- We are detail oriented: we do great science by working smart & with diligence where we learn from our trials and mistakes
- We are easy to work with: we want our workplace to be one where everyone can share their perspective and be treated with respect and kindness
See more open positions at Nautilus Biotechnology
Something looks off?