Director/Senior Director of Supply Chain, Hardware
Other Engineering, Sales & Business Development, Operations
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
At Nautilus, we have a big and important mission: improve the health of millions by unleashing the potential of the proteome to accelerate drug development and enable a new world of precision and personalized medicine. We are developing a single-molecule protein analysis platform of unprecedented sensitivity, scale, and ease of use that we believe will democratize access to the proteome – one of the most dynamic and valuable sources of biological insight. To accomplish this, we are pursuing hard scientific problems with an entrepreneurial mindset and creating a world-class team of builders, innovators, and dreamers across a wide range of disciplines.
The Director or Senior Director of Supply Chain, Hardware is a senior level leadership position with broad responsibilities and accountability for developing and implementing an end-to-end supply chain model that will scale to support the initial commercial launch of Nautilus' hardware platforms (including flow cells) through to volume revenue sales. The ideal candidate for this role must be willing to work in a very hands-on manner while developing the existing team and, over time, growing the team to full functionality.
This position reports to the Sr. VP of Operations and is located in San Carlos, CA and requires a presence on-site.
- Development and implementation of supplier partnerships that are technically and commercially able to build a complex imaging and fluidics system to meet performance and quality specifications.
- Close engagement with the Engineering organization to support all New Product Introduction activities and ensure that cross functional deliverables meet corporate schedule requirements for launch of the complete hardware platform.
- Manage 100+ component and critical technology suppliers to ensure continuity of supply while negotiating pricing to support COGS goals. Ensure that all component and production suppliers are enabled to be successful in delivering to requirements. This includes provision of test, quality specifications, inspection plans, CAPEX, forecasts and other information to enable supplier success.
- Lead the implementation of systems, tools and processes for design documentation, change management, inventory management and others, to enable efficient functionality of the team and monitor metrics to demonstrate operational success in critical business control areas.
- Communicate at the executive level to provide updates on project status, schedules, business metrics, investment requirements, execution challenges and team development needs. Formulate data and presentation packages that support effective communications.
- Be committed to creating and developing a high-performance team through communications, clear goal setting, accountability, functional proficiency and creating an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Must have a minimum of 10 -15 years prior experience in an operational and supplier management function; preferably at a life sciences company.
- Must have a BS/BA degree in technical or business area of study; MBA preferred.
- Prior experience and demonstrated success in launching products into commercial production via an outsourced model.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing suppliers across wide ranges of technology and processes.
- Prior experience in implementing a post-sales support model that includes international fulfillment of service parts orders, inventory management and efficient/reliable/cost effective logistics processes.
- Solid business and analytical skills related to achieving COGS/margin goals, inventory management, capital equipment tracking/depreciation and budget management.
- Extensive experience in the development and management of teams, including the setting of goals and schedules that align with corporate objectives, frequent team communications to ensure on-going alignment to plans, and support to individuals to encourage development and achieve increased levels of functional expertise.
- Prior “hands on” experience in using PLM, ERP and purchasing systems.
- Must have excellent communications skills and experience in communicating both cross functionally, at peer level and at the executive level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Nautilus Team Culture
- We are curious go-getters: this is a team of life-long learners who aren’t afraid to tackle the big challenges while continuously pushing ourselves forward
- We are detail oriented: we do great science by working smart and with diligence, and by learning from our mistakes
- We are easy to work with: we want our workplace to be one where everyone can share their perspective and be treated with respect and kindness
See more open positions at Nautilus Biotechnology
Something looks off?